St. Pete Beach: Something for Everyone
Located on the northern shore of the mouth of Tampa Bay, St. Pete Beach has lots to offer, and
most visitors will be able to find what they are looking for here. But it's helpful to know where to look. That's
what this website is all about. It's a local's guide to the Best of St. Pete Beach.
Advantages of St. Pete Beach:
- Clean beaches with shallow, clear water and a sandy "feet-friendly" bottom.
- Wide selection of hotels of all prices, right on the beach.
- More restaurants than you could ever try in one visit, from casual to elegant, fine dining.
- All the conveniences within walking distances of most beach hotels.
- 20 minute drive to Fort Desoto Park, selected #1 beach in the nation in 2005 by Dr. Beach
- Snorkeling trips to the ruins at Egmont Key.
- Day trips to Shell Key or Egmont Key.
- Fishing charters, kayak rentals, para sailing.
- Fishing piers at Fort Desoto Park, Skyway bridge fishing, shore fishing, backwater flats.
- Short drive to downtown Saint Petersburg and 1/2 hour to Tampa.
- Sidewalks on both sides of Gulf Way for pedestrians.
- Ice-cream shops and internet cafes conveniently located.
- All the amenities you need to have a perfect beach wedding. Let Dream Weddings of Florida plan your perfect beach wedding.
The Down Side for some:
Most of St. Pete beach falls into the "overdeveloped" category. Gulf Blvd (the main street)
is a four-lane street with several traffic lights. Traffic jams are not common, but traffic is steady and
There are plenty of high-rises on the beach, and a few of the beach bars and restaurants play
loud music until fairly late. It's no Sanibel Island, but it's not Daytona either. You can easily "get away" from
the busy parts of St. Pete Beach if you need to by taking the short trip to Fort Desoto Park, or Egmont Key, or
You can also use St. Pete Beach as a base to explore other islands and beaches nearby. Visit BeachHunter.net to
learn more about other Florida beaches on the Gulf Coast that you might like to visit.
Getting from Orlando to the beach.